Convergent is growing and we’re looking to hire a business development manager to help with the expansion of our inclusion consultancy. This person will sit right at the heart of achieving our ambitious targets for 2022 and 2023 and accelerate the growth we’ve achieved in the last few years.
We are a business with a clear North Star – to dramatically increase levels of inclusion in businesses across the UK. We work with organisations of all sizes and across a broad range of industries: running inclusive leadership programmes, awareness-raising, leadership support and training sessions, and consultancy.
We are a small business at present so we need our people to be happy getting stuck in with the requirements of running a business of this size, which may sometimes fall outside the key responsibilities of your role. In return, we’ll promise a huge opportunity for personal and professional development and a role with flexibility and great benefits. The candidate will work flexibly from our office base in near Kings Cross, reporting to the founding director of the business.
Being You at Team Convergent
As we grow and hire, we want to build a team of great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, it’s what we’re about. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for creating a more inclusive world then join us, we’re waiting to welcome you!
- Developing a database of leads using CRM software
- Identifying and targeting new potential clients & developing new business opportunities (through phone, Zoom, email, LinkedIn and face-to-face meetings)
- Identifying new business verticals / assisting in developing a growth strategy
- Managing and developing relationships with existing and new clients, partners and associates
- Creating proposals and pitch presentations for new clients
- Dealing with inbound leads
- Generating referrals from your network, our clients & partners
- Have a passion for inclusion and diversity and be able to speak to clients about why the work we do is so important
- Have experience in sales / business development, ideally in a start-up environment
- Have a proven track record in generating new business
- Be a natural relationship-builder
- Have an ‘all hands on deck’ attitude
- Have the desire to grow with a small business
- Bonus – have experience in working with and/or selling to HR teams
- Commission scheme
- Opportunity for career progression
- 30 days holiday allowance
- Hybrid working and Flexible working hours
- Commission Scheme
- Pension scheme
- Annual Learning and Wellbeing Budget
Full-time Salary: £28,000 – 30,000 pa.
To apply please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org